By using drasyl developers can fully concentrate on creating distributed applications. With drasyl, boundaries between IP-based networks will be eliminated and secure communication channels between any peers will be provided. No configuration is required to use drasyl. Developers can run a new drasyl node without having to write configuration files or provide IP addresses of peers.Learn More
- Provides Communication Channels between any two Nodes (on the Internet)
- Automatic Discovery of Peers running within same Process, Computer, LAN, or the Internet
- Automatic Handover to most local Communication Channel
- Overcomes Network Barriers (Stateful Firewalls, NATs)
- Communication is (PFS) encrypted
- Reacts to Network Connection Changes
- Asynchronous and Event-Driven
- Lightweight & Extensible
drasyl is used in a number of research projects, where it is in charge of secure and pervasive communication.
Distributed best-effort computation offloading in heterogeneous environments.
Open, citizen-centric, scalable, and privacy-preserving smart city platform.
Enhanced SkipNet overlay supporting attributed-based search and range queries.
H. Bornholdt, K. Röbert and P. Kisters, "Accessing Smart City Services in Untrustworthy Environments via Decentralized Privacy-Preserving Overlay Networks," 2021 IEEE International Conference on Service-Oriented System Engineering (SOSE), 2021, pp. 144-149, doi: 10.1109/SOSE52839.2021.00021.
drasyl is being developed by researchers and students of the Universität Hamburg as part of research projects and lectures.